Re: [scc-dev] additional error handling in cc1/error.c

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_at_simple-cc.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 20:56:52 +0100

Tim Kelly <gtkelly_at_dialectronics.com> wrote:

Hello sir,

> Roberto E. Vargas Caballero wrote:
> > Sorry if the attribution of the patches were lost in some
> > moment, but we usually don't care so much about these kind of things.
> > I can understand that they are important for you, but you should
> > also try to understand that other people have relaxed point of
> > views and can make mistakes about it. This is what I am trying to
> > solve now.
>
> It doesn't work that way. Integrity might be old-fashioned, but it
> never goes out of style.

Please calm down, take a step back,
and start again in a less agressive way.

Yes it works that way, solving problems, fixing mistakes.
The mailing list is here to help improving things,
so that contribution is more transparent, discussions is public,
review is done more collectively and validated by several contributors,
although in the end there's one principal maintainer.

Integrity is also important to the project, I haven't followed the whole
commit exchange in question, but if you care about both,
don't worry about it and please continue participating in it,
trusting improvement without resentment,
your input is still welcome!

Cheers!